Whatman Indicating FTA Classic Cards
Lyses cells on contact, denatures proteins and protects DNA from degradation. Whatman Indicating FTA Classic Cards includes a pink dye that turns white when a clear sample is applied.
Manufacturer: Whatman WB120306
DescriptionCollect, stabilize, process, transport, and archive buccal DNA samples.
- Improves process efficiency by enabling direct amplification for STR analysis due to immediate DNA capture on the FTA card.
- Includes an inert dye, which turns to white when a buccal sample or saliva is added for easy confirmation of sample addition.
- Immediate stabilization and protection of nucleic acids for long term archiving of samples at room temperature.
- Different card options to support manual or automated processing for versatility and incorporation into current workflows.
- DNA from blood stored at room temperature on FTA cards exhibits no loss in PCR efficiency after 22 years and counting
- Include a pink indicating dye that turns to white when a clear sample is applied.
|Clear samples, such as buccal cells or saliva|
|Four sample areas|
|500μL max. per card|
|Direct STR amplification|
|Pink indicating dye|
|125μL per sample area|