Thermo Scientific AarI
Cut at CACCTGC(4/8)^ sites with AarI restriction enzyme, which performs best at 37°C in its own unique (+oligo) buffer.
Manufacturer: Thermo Scientific ER1581
Conventional restriction endonucleases are a large collection of high quality restriction enzymes, optimized to work in one of the buffers of the Five Buffer System. In addition, the universal Tango buffer is provided for convenience in double digestions. All of the enzymes exhibit 100% activity in the recommended buffer and reaction conditions. To ensure consistent performance, Thermo Scientific restriction enzyme reaction buffers contain premixed BSA, which enhances the stability of many enzymes and binds contaminants that may be present in DNA preparations.
5'...C A C C T G C (N)4▵...3'
3'...G T G G A C G (N)8▵...5'
Conditions for 100% Activity:
- [1X Buffer AarI] + oligonucleotide:
- [10mM Bis-Tris Propane-HCl (pH 6.5 at 37°C), 10mM MgCl2, 100mM KCl, 0.1mg/mL BSA] + 0.5µM of oligonucleotide (see Note)
- Incubate at 37°C
- AarI is supplied in:
- 10mM potassium phosphate (pH 7.4 at 25°C), 100mM KCl, 1mM EDTA, 1mM DTT, 0.2mg/mL BSA and 50% (v/v) glycerol
Ligation and Recleavage:
- After 10-fold overdigestion with AarI, more than 95% of the DNA fragments can be ligated and recut
- Dam: never overlaps no effect
- Dcm: never overlaps no effect
- CpG: may overlap cleavage impaired
- EcoKI: never overlaps no effect
- EcoBI: may overlap effect not determined
Digestion of Agarose-embedded DNA:
- Minimum 5 units of the enzyme are required for digestion of 1µg of agarose-embedded lambda DNA in 16 hours
For cleavage with AarI at least two copies of its recognition sequence are required. Inclusion of 0.5µM oligonucleotide with the AarI recognition sequence in the reaction mixture significantly improves cleavage of DNAs, especially of those with a single AarI site. Still, a complete cleavage of some substrates with AarI is difficult to achieve. Greater than 10-fold overdigestion with AarI may result in star activity. AarI may remain associated with the cleaved DNA. This may cause DNA band shifting during electrophoresis. To avoid atypical DNA band patterns, use the 6X DNA Loading Dye & SDS Solution for sample preparation or heat the digested DNA in the presence of SDS prior to electrophoresis.
This product(s) resides on a Fisher Scientific GSA or VA contract. If you are viewing this page as a nonregistered user, the price(s) displayed is List Price. To view your GSA or VA contract pricing, log in using your account number, or become a registered user by contacting one of our Customer Service teams. You can also view your contract price by searching for this item(s) on GSA Advantage. To place an order, contact Fisher Scientific Customer Service.
We continue to work to improve your shopping experience and your feedback regarding this content is very important to us. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok