Thermo Scientific GsuI (BpmI)
The GsuI (BpmI) restriction enzyme recognizes CTGGAG(16/14)^ sites and cuts best at 30°C in B buffer (Isoschizomers: BpmI).
Manufacturer: Thermo Scientific ER0462
Lambda DNA digested with GsuI (BpmI), 1% agarose, 25 cleavage sites
conventional restriction endonucleases are a large collection of high quality restriction enzymes, optimized to work in one of the buffers of the Five Buffer System. In addition, the universal Tango buffer is provided for convenience in double digestions. All of the enzymes exhibit 100% activity in the recommended buffer and reaction conditions. To ensure consistent performance, Thermo Scientific restriction enzyme reaction buffers contain premixed BSA, which enhances the stability of many enzymes and binds contaminants that may be present in DNA preparations.
5'...C T G G A G (N)16▵...3'
3'...G A C C T C (N)14▵...5'
Conditions for 100% Activity:
- 1X Buffer B: 10mM Tris-HCl (pH 7.5 at 37°C), 10mM MgCl2 and 0.1mg/mL BSA
- Incubate at 30°C
- GsuI is supplied in:10mM potassium phosphate (pH 7.5 at 25°C), 1mM EDTA, 1mM DTT, 0.2mg/mL BSA and 50% (v/v) glycerol
- Dam: never overlaps no effect
- Dcm: may overlap blocked
- CpG: never overlaps no effect
- EcoKI: never overlaps no effect
- EcoBI: never overlaps no effect
- Incubation at 37°C results in 70% activity
- GsuI requires only Mg2 + for its activity, but is stimulated by S-adenosylmethionine
- 0.01mM S-adenosylmethionine gives a 2-fold increase in activity
- GsuI may remain associated with the cleaved DNA
- This may cause DNA band shifting during electrophoresis
- To avoid atypical DNA band patterns, use the 6X DNA Loading Dye and SDS Solution for sample preparation or heat the digested DNA in the presence of SDS prior to electrophoresis
- GsuI is blocked by overlappingdcm methylation
- To avoiddcm methylation, use adam,dcm- strain such as GM2163 (#M0099)
We continue to work to improve your shopping experience and your feedback regarding this content is very important to us. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok