Invitrogen CellROX Deep Red Reagent, for oxidative stress detection
Optimized probe for detection of oxidative stress in cells
Manufacturer: Invitrogen C10422
A novel fluorogenic probe for measuring cellular oxidative stress in both live and fixed cell imaging, with absorption/emission maxima at ~644/665 nm. The cell-permeant dye is non-fluorescent while in reduced state, and exhibits bright fluorescence upon oxidation by reactive oxygen species (ROS).
- Simple protocol that can be used with other live cell dyes and GFP
- Compatible with both live cell fluorescence-imaging and formaldehyde-based fixation methods
- Volume: 250µL (liquid)
- Excitation Class: Visible
- CellROXDeep Red reagent is novel cell-permeant dye with absorption/emission maxima of approx. 644/665nm
- CellROXDeep Red reagent is non-fluorescent while in reduced state and becomes fluorescent upon oxidation by reactive oxygen species with emission maxima approx. 665nm that is measurable by fluorescent imaging, high content imaging, fluorescent plate readers, or flow cytometry
- Oxidative stress results from an imbalance between production of reactive oxygen species (ROS) and ability of cells to scavenge them
- ROS play important role in progression of several diseases including inflammation, atherosclerosis, aging, and age-related degenerative disorders
- CellROXDeep Red Reagent detects oxidative stress in cells by reacting with ROS to become brightly fluorescent
- Protocol to use this reagent is simple and bright deep red fluorescence signal is compatible with other live cell dyes and GFP, making it useful in multiplex fluorescence assays to measure variety of cellular phenomena, including parameters related to cytotoxicity and cell death
- Unlike many other ROS sensors, such as H2DCFDA, the signal from CellROXDeep Red is retained after formaldehyde fixation for flexibility with assay and improved workflows compared to those based on classic dyes for ROS detection
Cell Analysis, Cell Viability, Proliferation and Function, Cellular Imaging, High-Content Screening (HCS), Nitro-Oxidative Stress, Reactive Oxygen Species
This product(s) resides on a Fisher Scientific GSA or VA contract. If you are viewing this page as a nonregistered user, the price(s) displayed is List Price. To view your GSA or VA contract pricing, log in using your account number, or become a registered user by contacting one of our Customer Service teams. You can also view your contract price by searching for this item(s) on GSA Advantage. To place an order, contact Fisher Scientific Customer Service.
Shipping Condition: Wet Ice
|5 x 50 µl, 2.5 mM stabilized solution in DMSO. Store at ≤-20°C and dessicate. Light and air sensitive.|
|Fluorescence Microscope, Flow Cytometer, High Content Instrument, Microplate Reader|
|Free Radical Sensor|
The Fisher Scientific Encompass Program offers items which are not part of our distribution portfolio. These products typically do not have pictures or detailed descriptions. However, we are committed to improving your shopping experience. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.