Thermo Scientific™ Pierce™ EDC, No-Weigh™ Format
Immobilize or conjugate proteins using 1-Ethyl-3-(3-dimethylaminopropyl) carbodiimide (CAS 25952-53-8), a water-soluble, carboxyl-to-amine crosslinker.
Supplier: Thermo Scientific™ A35391
Thermo Scientific™ Pierce EDC is a water-soluble carbodiimide crosslinker that activates carboxyl groups for spontaneous reaction with primary amines, enabling peptide immobilization and hapten-carrier protein conjugation.
Thermo Scientific No-Weigh products are specialty reagents provided in pre-aliquoted format. The pre-weighed packaging helps prevent loss of reagent reactivity and contamination over time by minimizing repetitive opening and closing of vial. The format enables use of fresh vial of reagent each time, eliminating hassle of weighing small amounts of reagents and reducing concerns over reagent stability.
- Reactive group: Carbodiimide
- Reaction target: Activates carboxyl groups to conjugate to amino groups (primary amines)
- Several conjugation strategies: React EDC alone with target groups or include NHS or Sulfo-NHS to increase reaction efficiency or to stabilize active intermediate for later reaction to amines
- Neutral linkage: Forms neutral amide bonds between carboxyls and amines
- Water-soluble Reagent: Add directly to reactions in aqueous, physiological buffers
- Soluble reaction byproducts: Easily removed by washing with water or dilute acid
- High-purity, crystalline reagent: Use to create high-quality, activated derivatives
- Conjugate carboxyl and amino groups among peptides and proteins
- Couple haptens to immunogenic carrier proteins (e.g., attach a peptide to KLH)
- Immobilize peptide antigens to affinity-purify antibodies
- Create NHS-activated, amine-reactive labeling compounds
- Crosslink proteins to carboxyl coated beads or surfaces
- Activate nanoparticles with amine-reactive Sulfo-NHS esters
|Upon receipt store desiccated at -20°C.|
|Short (<10 Å)|
|10 x 1 mg|
|Standard, Single use, Premium grade|
We continue to work to improve your shopping experience and your feedback regarding this content is very important to us. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok