Thermo Scientific SalI (10 U/µL)
The SalI restriction enzyme recognizes G^TCGAC sites and cuts best at 37°C in O buffer.
Manufacturer: Thermo Scientific ER0642
Lambda DNA digested with SalI, 0.7% agarose, 2 cleavage sites
conventional restriction endonucleases are a large collection of high quality restriction enzymes, optimized to work in one of the buffers of the Five Buffer System. In addition, the universal Tango buffer is provided for convenience in double digestions. All of the enzymes exhibit 100% activity in the recommended buffer and reaction conditions. To ensure consistent performance, Thermo Scientific restriction enzyme reaction buffers contain premixed BSA, which enhances the stability of many enzymes and binds contaminants that may be present in DNA preparations.5'...G^T C G A C...3'
3'...C A G C T^G...5'
Conditions for 100% Activity
- 1X Buffer O:50mM Tris-HCl (pH7.5 at 37°C), 10mM MgCl2, 100mM NaCl and 0.1mg/mL BSA
- Incubate at 37°C
- SalI is supplied in:10mM Tris-HCl (pH7.4 at 25°C),100mM KCl, 1mM DTT, 0.1mM EDTA, 0.2mg/mL BSA and 50% (v/v) glycerol
Ligation and Recleavage
- After 50-fold overdigestion with SalI, more than 95% of the DNA fragments can be ligated and recut
- Dam: never overlaps no effect
- Dcm: never overlaps no effect
- CpG: completely overlaps blocked
- EcoKI: never overlaps no effect
- EcoBI: never overlaps no effect
Digestion of Agarose-embedded DNA
- Minimum 5units of the enzyme are required for complete digestion of 1µg of agarose-embedded lambda DNA in 16hours
- Eco88I, SmoI, XhoI
Low salt, high glycerol (>5%) concentrations, pH >8.0 or a large excess of enzyme may result in star activity. Supercoiled forms of pBR322 and pUC require 10-fold overdigestion with SalI to achieve complete digestion. Incubation at 25°C results in 50-75% activity.
|5 x 1,500U|
|Not dam methylation-sensitive, Not dcm methylation-sensitive, CpG methylation-sensitive|
|10x Buffer O|
We continue to work to improve your shopping experience and your feedback regarding this content is very important to us. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok