Innovating Science™ Small Group Learning: Diffusion and Cell Size
This Small Group Learning: Diffusion and Cell Size kit allows students to create simulated cells (agar blocks) of different sizes and examine how effectively a substance is able to diffuse into the cell in a set period of time.
Manufacturer: Innovating Science™ IS3003SGL
- Why are cells microscopic? The answer relates to the need for the cell to effectively bring materials in and remove waste.
- In this activity, students will create simulated cells (agar blocks) of different sizes and examine how effectively a substance is able to diffuse into the cell in a set period of time.
- A special indicator in the cells will allow students to visualize the degree of diffusion.
- The results will clearly display the fact that a smaller volume creates a more favorable condition for the exchange of material across a cell membrane.
- Kit contains enough materials for 5 groups of students.
- Teacher's Manual and Student Study Guide copymasters are included.
|Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS)|
|7 to 14|
|13 to 20|
|25 g Agar, 10 mL Bromothymol Blue Concentrate, 25 mL Hydrochloric Acid (2.0M), 6 Agar Block Casting Trays, 5 Plastic Cups, 5 Plastic Knives, 5 Plastic Stirrers|
We continue to work to improve your shopping experience and your feedback regarding this content is very important to us. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok