Invitrogen™ LIVE/DEAD™ Fixable Near-IR Dead Cell Stain Kit, for 633 or 635 nm excitation
Determines the viability of cells prior to the fixation and permeabilization required for intracellular antibody staining or prior to elimination of biohazardous materials using formaldehyde fixation. This kit has been optimized and validated for use with a red laser flow cytometer.
- Stable—dyes are freeze dried in separate vials to maintain stability
- Robust—staining pattern is the same before and after fixation
- Bright signal—allows for easy distinction between live/dead cells in single channel selection guide for all fixable viability dyes for flow cytometry
- Packaged in 40-test vials to help ensure the stability and performance of the dye over time.
- Dead cell discriminator stains can lose sensitivity after treatment with fixatives such as formaldehyde or ethanol-based fixation methods required for intracellular phosphorylation studies.
- The LIVE/DEAD™ Fixable Near-IR Stain is an amine reactive dye that binds covalently to intracellular and extracellular amines, and the staining pattern is preserved following formaldehyde fixation.
- The LIVE/DEAD™ Fixable Near-IR stain was selected based on its fluorescent properties to provide a bright signal when excited with a red laser.
- The near-IR fluorescent reactive dye has an excitation maximum of ∼633 nm making it ideal for use with the red or HeNe laser with an emission of ∼750 nm.
Safety and Handling
The Fisher Scientific Encompass Program offers items which are not part of our distribution portfolio. These products typically do not have pictures or detailed descriptions. However, we are committed to improving your shopping experience. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.