Pharmacy refrigerators are configured to store pharmacy products at a uniform temperature and allow easy retrieval while providing security. Pharmacy refrigerators provide stable temperature control over various ranges and have lockable doors and various types of alarms.
Some refrigerators include an alarm module with robust security features. Other models have a security setpoint with a key-operated, triple-position master switch. There are a variety models and sizes available, including undercounter units.
Many pharmacy refrigerators replace some or all of the shelving with sliding drawers to facilitate product storage and retrieval. They may also have extra temperature controls to help meet regulatory requirements. Some pharmacy refrigerators are also certified for clean room use.
The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) has detailed recommendations for vaccine refrigerator and freezer selection and operation. The NSF Joint Committee on Vaccine Storage has also been developing vaccine refrigeration engineering control standards.
Pharmacy refrigerator options may include:
- Capacity: Range from approximately 10 to more than 20 cu. ft.
- Temperature recording: Integral temperature monitoring to meet quality and regulatory demands
- Temperature recovery: The time for the temperature to be returned to the setpoint after the unit has been open
- Peak variation: Temperature variability within the chamber; typically documented via temperature mapping
- Ergonomic features: May include automatic door closing to assist users and help maintain temperatures
- Back-up systems: For power failures or interruptions
- Security: Locks or other restricted access features
- Monitoring controls: Alarms and other methods to alert users of malfunctions, door ajar, event and other issues
- Size and style: Models of various dimensions, single or multiple solid or glass doors
- Warranty terms
|Smart View Compatibility||Smart-Vue Compatible|
|Monitoring Options||Alarm, Recorder|
|Product Line||TSX Series|
|Warranty||4 Years Parts and Labor + 1 Year Compressor|
|Description||TSG Series Pharmacy Refrigerator|
|Cabinet Material||Painted Steel|
|Ports||1 Rear Access Port|
|Access Security||Key Lock|
|Monitoring Options||Remote Alarm Contacts, SmartVue Pro|
|Control Type||Capacitive Touch|
|Capacity (Metric) Shelf||27 kg|
|Temperature Range||3°C to 7°C|
|No. of Doors||2|