Single-use containers designed to hold microliter to milliliter quantities of liquid. Products may be sterile/non-sterile, come with or without a variety of caps (screw, tether, snap), and may be suitable for use in microcentrifuges.
High quality standard snap cap microtubes, or microcentrifuge tubes, are essential for the safe processing of low to medium sized sample volume applications in clinical chemistry, biochemistry and molecular biology. Ideal for protein research, mass spectrometry, protein array, sample preparation, microcentrifugation and sample storage, they are available in a variety of colours, including amber and black for light sensitive samples.
The snap cap provides a safe, liquid-tight seal and some flat top caps include a needle insertion spot. Some microtubes are also available with additional safety lock snap caps to minimise sample loss during the centrifugation process and to provide added security when working with samples that are radioactive or which pose a biohazard.
Snap Cap Microtube properties
Available as sterile or non-sterile, polypropylene microtubes can also feature low binding properties to reduce protein and nucleic acid loss and hence better sample recovery.
- Can withstand forces up to max. RCF 30,000xg
- Are available sterile or non-sterile
- Are available with low binding properties, reducing protein and nucleic acid losses during centrifugations
- Available RNase/DNase, DNA-free and non-pyrogenic
- Typically made from durable autoclavable polypropylene for reusability and often graduated with a writing patch
- Available in a variety of colors, including amber and black for light sensitive samples
- Tube bottom shapes include conical and skirted (self-standing)